- M. D., Ph.D.
- Director of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the Ziv Medical Center, Zefat, Israel
- Head of Orthopaedic Department, Faculty of Medicine, Bar-Ilan University, Israel
In 1977 graduated cum laude at Vitebsk State Institute of Medicine, former USSR, and worked as an orthopaedic surgeon and traumatologist in Belarus. From 1991 to 2010 — worked at Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel in the field of severe trauma to limbs and complex orthopaedic reconstructions.
Since 2010 — Director of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the Ziv Medical Center, Zefat, Israel.
More than 30 years' clinical experience in the field of reconstructive orthopaedic surgery, correction of limb deformations, treatment of non-unions and mal-unions, limb salvage after extensive tissue loss, management of severe trauma, including war injuries, chronic osteomyelitis, limb reconstruction and elongation.
- A. Lerner, D. Reis, M. Soudry. Severe Injuries to the Limbs. Staged Treatment. Springer - Verlag. Berlin - Heidelberg. 235 p., 2007.
- A. Lerner, M. Soudry. Armed Conflict Injuries to the Extremities. A Treatment Manual. Springer-Verlag. Berlin-Heidelberg. 407 p., 2011.
- N.Wolfson, A. Lerner, L. Roshal. Orthopedics in Disasters. Springer-Verlag. Berlin-Heidelberg. 591p., 2016.
- S. Zarka, A. Lerner. Complicated War Trauma and Care of the Wounded. The Israeli Experience in Medical Care and Humanitarian Support of Syrian Refugees. Springer - Verlag. Berlin - Heidelberg. 126p., 2017.
More than 70 publications in field of trauma, orthopaedic and reconstructive surgery.
Chairman of sessions, invited lecturer at international conferences and courses in Germany, Switzerland, USA, Italy, Austria, Turkey, Russia, Japan, Czech Republic, Macedonia, China, Bulgaria, Greece, France, UK, Spain, Latvia, Hungary, Slovenia.
Co-founder Asian Trauma Association (Shanghai, 2005)
Editorial board member: Polytrauma (Russia), Chinese Journal of Traumatology (China)