Abstract submission is closed
Instructions for abstract submission
Abstract submission is supported by the professional conference management software Exordo. All abstracts must be submitted electronically through this system. Find information that will help you prepare your abstracts and use the system with ease below:
All abstracts must be original and unpublished work!
You need to provide the following information:
- Submission title
- Abstract body
Abstracts must be submitted with the following sections:
- Materials and Methods
* In case of case reports or keynote lecture annotations, abstracts on social sciences you need to enter the whole text in the first field and put a dot “.” in the three other sections.
- Abstracts should be submitted in English. Please attempt to write a concise abstract and ensure that you convey sufficient details for adequate review;
- The maximum number of words is 300 (excluding the abstract title and authors). No figures or tables are allowed at the time of abstract submission;
- Please list all authors (including email address (correct email address confirmed by your co-author), author’s name, title, affiliation, country and ORCID).
- Affiliations. Please use correct English spelling of affiliations.
- Each listed author will receive an automated email regarding the submission;
- Only the corresponding author can make modifications to an abstract after it has been submitted, and only until the abstract submission deadline 20 January 2023 (23:59).
- Before you can submit an abstract, the system will require that you create an account. (Please note that accessing the Exordo system after creating the account can be only made using the original email and password. Please do not use alternative emails when accessing the system.)
- The author doing the submission will also need to sign a “Terms of Service” document on behalf of the submission team.
- Following the creation of the account, you can log into the system to change your original abstract until the final date of the submission period (20 January 2023).
- Your abstract should be entered in the online system by finding the “My Submissions” tab on your dashboard.
- Select “New Submission” for each abstract you would like to submit. The site will then walk you through the process step by step.
- During the submission process you will be asked to indicate the conference and the conference section for your contribution(s). You may review the Sections here.
- Submitters that intend to participate in the “Best Paper Competition” should indicate this at the time of submission. The best paper will be selected from each conference section. Papers will be evaluated in two steps: 1. evaluation of the abstract 2. evaluation of the presentation. Awarded papers will receive financial support for publication of a full-text article in a peer-reviewed open access journal.
The submitted abstracts will go through review by a RW2023 scientific committee comprised of experienced professionals in multiple areas :
Abstract criteria (from unacceptable to excellent)
- Content (relevance, originality, significance)
- Clarity (clear aims, appropriate methods and materials, clearly structured results and conclusions)
- Language (appropriate use of language)
Authors can submit their papers to be presented as a poster-, or oral presentation. The decision of which abstracts to select for oral presentations is the responsibility of the RW2023 Scientific Committee.
The Committee will review all submitted abstracts.
Book of abstracts
The book of abstracts in the fields of medicine and public health will be published as a supplement to volume of "Medicina" (Kaunas) after the RW2023.
After the review process, the submitters will be asked to upload their presentations. Presentations will be made available to the public.
Posters will be presented as e-presentations and the organisers will provide a template.
All presenting authors must be registered participants. Achievements and development of Science is one of the top priorities of Rīga Stradiņš University, therefore attendance to RW2023 is free of charge. More information on how to register will follow after abstract submission deadline.
Abstract Submitter's Declaration
- Abstract has been previewed and all information is correct. Content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and it will be published as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes all authors consent to publication (e.g. on conference website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
- Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that no part of the information and content provided by them (hereafter - "Content") to the Organisers, nor the publication of any such Content by the Organisers, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants the Organisers copyright license to reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the text of the Content on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
- The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
- The Organisers reserve the right to remove an abstract from publication and/or presentation that does not comply with the above.
- Abstract submission deadline extended: the new and the final date is 20 January 2023 (23:59)
- Abstract notification of acceptance sent by: 1 March 2023
- Uploading poster presentations into the virtual platform extended: 19 March 2023, 23:59
- Registration for participants opens on 8 March. Abstract authors and coauthors of RW2023 will receive automatically generated access via e-mail. No need for additional registration
NB! FOR STUDENTS abstract submission is provided on RSU International Student Conference (ISC 2023) webpage. Please click HERE for more information!
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS CLOSED